Monday, May 12, 2008

Teppanyaki

Hello! It is freezing cold today!
The weather forecast said it is the temperature for March.
I wore a down jacket... am I too much?!

Also, this weekend was rainy and cold.
So I went to eat Teppanyaki (a type of Japanese cuisine that uses an iron griddle to cook food) with my boyfriend.
It is a restaurant newly opened near our station.

What we ordered are the below:

Hiyayakko (a popular Japanese dish made with chilled tofu and toppings).
I love tofu, so this was for me :)





Takoyaki (a popular Japanese dumpling made of batter, diced octopus, tempura scraps (tenkasu), pickled ginger, konnyaku, and green onion, topped with okonomiyaki sauce, green laver (aonori), mayonnaise, and katsuobushi (fish shavings), originating from Osaka.)
I cooked it for my boyfriend!
My parents have a takoyaki pan, so I used to make it at home.


Okonomiyaki (Japanese dish consisting of a pan-fried batter cake and various ingredients. Okonomi means "what you like" or "what you want", and yaki means "grilled" or "cooked"; thus, the name of this dish means "cook what you like". )
My boyfriend cooked it for me :)





Moriawase (mixed vegetables and meats.)
We just stir-fry to eat.

We had a good time.




Anyway, when I started this diary, I said that my Japanese diary is getting longer. Finally, on 5/9, it reached to 100MB, which is the maximum capacity of the diary.
It was private and only my friends could read. I could have increased the capacity, but I needed to pay, so I decided to stop. I have written it since 2005/2/28, so I hesitated a little, but I thought I'd better use time for other stuff.

Okay, I gotta go.
See you tomorrow :)

Please click below and vote for me.



Popular Posts - Last 7 days