Friday, January 16, 2009

Andy Goldsworthy

Do you know Andy Goldsworthy?

He is one of my favorite artists who I knew while studying art at college. I am not that crazy about appreciating art, but his work just amazes me. I have some of his artbooks, too!

I once wrote a research paper about his work and posted online, but I just realized that the page (my server) was gone :(

Anyway, what I like about his work is he works with nature as a whole. All materials he use are found in nature, such as brightly-coloured flowers, icicles, leaves, mud, pinecones, snow, stone, twigs, and thorns.

Rowan Leaves with Hole

Rowan leaves around a hole, made on a sunny day in the shade, Yorkshire Sculpture Park, West Bretton, October 25, 1987. Andy Goldsworthy
The image is from University of Cambridge.

Can you believe those materials aren't edited at all?!

I've once been to Storm King Art Center to see his Storm King Wall (1998). I remember it was close to Woodbury Common Premium Outlets! You can shop there afterwards! Ha-ha.

Have a good weekend!

Please click below and vote for me.

ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ

Popular Posts - Last 7 days