Friday, July 24, 2009

Healthy Kit Kat Rare Cheesecake

This is my award winning recipe at Kit Kat recipe contest. It's a cheesecake using Kit Kat, yogurt and cottage cheese. Only 165 Kcal per serving, plus it contains a lot of calcium! Just mix and refrigerate! Really easy and healthy sweet treat ;)

Actually, I used lemon vinegar flavored Kit Kat (limited flavor in Japan) for this recipe but regular chocolate flavored one + lemon juice can be substituted for it.

---------------------------------
Healthy Kit Kat Rare Cheesecake

Difficulty: Easy
Time: 10min + 60min refrigeration time
Number of servings: 4

Necessary Equipment:
blender / mixer

Ingredients:
A
* 5g (0.18oz.) unflavored granular gelatin
* 50cc water
B
* 50g (1.8oz.) Kit Kat
* 200g (7oz.) pureed cottage cheese
* 250g (8.8oz.) low-fat plain yogurt (unsweetened)
* 1 tbsp. lemon juice
* 2 tbsp. honey
mint leaves if desired

Directions:
1. Put A in a small bowl, let sit 5 minutes until gelatin is softened.




2. Mix B in blender until smooth. Microwave 1. uncovered, on Medium 500 W (50-60%) for about 40 seconds until dissolved, add in the blender, mix again until smooth.

3. In jello cups, pour 2., cover, and refrigerate for about an hour.




4. To serve, remove from cups and garnish with mint leaves if desired.





My original recipe in Japanese is here.
---------------------------------


This morning, I walked in heavy rain. At the time I reached to the station, my clothes were all wet even I used umbrella. But somehow it stopped by the time I reached to work... too bad.

Tomorrow, my bf and I are going to have dinner with my family at a Chinese restaurant! We are going to have Peking duck there ;)

See you next week!

Please click below and vote for me.

ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ

Popular Posts - Last 7 days