Friday, September 19, 2008

My Vitamins, Supplements and Herbal Products

Too bad... according to the news, typhoon #13 is expected to reach eastern Japan (Tokyo) tonight :( Hopefully it passes away by noon but not sure at this point. I think we have rain every Saturday!!!

Anyway, do you take vitamins, supplements and/or herbal products every day?

Yes, I do! I take Multivitamins, Calcium, Bilberry, Echinacea (when turn of the year), and Turmeric Extract (when drinking alcohol at night) in the morning with breakfast. I force my boyfriend to take them, too! At night, I take Vitamin C, Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin E (sometimes), and CoQ10 (30mg sometimes).
Thanks to them, we seldom catch a cold!!!

Every summer I purchase those in NY when they are buy one get one free! Mostly Nature Made products, but if cheap, similar products like pharmacy brands are okay! In Japan, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Group distributes Nature Made products but they are unbelievably expensive! I think this is because we Japanese don't have a custom to take them like Americans. I remember when I first went to Seattle for a homestay (when I was a high school student) my host mother gave me a tablet with breakfast but I hid it in my pocket because I thought it was a drug or something harmful... Few years later, when vitamins got popular in Japan, I realized that the tablet was a vitamin! But still, it is not a part of everyday life to take those, so the market price is twice as high as that of U.S.

Changing my story, today I had body composition done at gym. In 4 weeks, I lost 2 pounds of fat and gained 4 pounds of muscle. I know I am doing slow but I will keep going there one hour a day to change little by little, like I gained fat little by little! Ha-ha!!!

Okay, I gotta see my orthodontist tomorrow morning, so need to go to bed! Hope typhoon passes away by the time I leave home.

Good night ;)

Please click below and vote for me.

ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ Top Food & Drink blogs

Popular Posts - Last 7 days