Google+

Friday, April 8, 2011

Korokke (Addictive Japanese Croquette - My Mom's Recipe) - Video Recipe

One of my favorite dishes from childhood which my mom often made♥


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIGaMT7VKZo

Korokke (Croquette) is a parcel of food such as minced meat or vegetables, shaped into a cylinder or circle, encased in breadcrumbs and deep fried. My mom always mixes minced meat and boiled eggs, they make the croquette really addictive! My darling loves it, so I always make tons of them! Try out my recipe and you will know why ;)



---------------------------------
Addictive Japanese Croquette

Difficulty: Medium
Time: 30min
Number of servings: 16 croquettes

Ingredients:
6 egg
800g (1.8lb) potato
200g (7oz) ground beef and pork mixture
200g (7oz) onion
2 tbsp. butter
A
* 1tsp. salt
* cracked black pepper
* nutmeg
B
* flour
* beaten egg
* Panko (bread crumbs)
vegetable oil for frying
ketchup and/or mayonnaise if desired
vegetables of your choice

Directions:

1. Cook hard-boiled eggs and roughly mince them. Peel and cut potatoes into medium chunks and boil them until soften. Drain and mash them while hot.



2. Mince the onion and saute with butter until soft. Add ground beef and pork mixture and cook until done. Season with A.



3. In the pot of mashed potatoes (1.), mix chopped eggs (1.), and cooked onion and meat (2.).




4. Make the mixture flat in the pot and divide it into 16 equal portions.





5. Make flat and oval-shaped patties. Coat each piece with flour, dip in beaten egg, and coat with panko .




6. Deep fry them in oil at 170C (340F) until cooked golden brown.





7. Serve croquettes with ketchup and/or mayonnaise if desired, and garnish with vegetables of your choice.




You can enjoy it in a sandwich next morning ;)






レシピ (日本語)
http://cooklabo.blogspot.jp/2011/06/blog-post_14.html
---------------------------------


Have a good weekend!

♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
http://www.youtube.com/ochikeron

♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
http://www.facebook.com/Ochikeron/

♥Follow me on twitter♥
http://twitter.com/ochikeron (English)
http://twitter.com/alohaforever (Japanese)

♥My Cookbook♥

12 comments:

  1. hehe i also like croquettes too but if i want to eat them i have to make them myself. i have never added eggs in mine but with cheese it's quite good and lots of black pepper :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks so easy and delicious!!! I am going to make it tomorrow I think... Thank you for such a nice recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your recipe and your tips as well, great help for me as a newbie in the kitchen, just starting ang enjoying cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to say this but I've never eaten a croquette before even though a lot of places make them here LOL but I will try one day ><!!! Your hubby must feel so lucky to have such a good wife who is skillful in he kitchen ,a lot of girls are starting to lose that skill (me!)

    hahaha yes I always prefer sofa seats, much more comfy and I feel more safe =P hahaha I call my time of the month strawberry because at the place I used to work at my coworker told me it reminded her of strawberry jam LOL Of course we thought it was gross at the time too but the name just stuck =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello grub,

    Try with eggs ;) I love the black pepper taste, too!!! Cheese sounds rich and tasty!!! You know how to cook and arrange the croquette :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenia,

    Thanks for stopping by! Try out when you feel like ;) I'm glad that you liked my recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathlyn,

    I hope I am not replying to the bot, but that's what I always want to do, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi suki,

    I don't eat croquette out at a restaurant, too! Maybe with Tonkatsu but not only the croquette, because croquette is mostly cheap and I can easily cook it with the ingredients in the fridge.

    I haven't cooked it for a long while, so maybe someday soon :D

    I just realized what you mean by strawberry. oops. But that's much more joyous ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried to make those cute balls! They are very yummy but mine were a little too soft inside I think?
    Maybe i didnt follow the proportion guidelines properly, but still delicious! I will make them again with different flavours <3
    You can put anything you like generally right? Like veggies, cheese, bacon etc?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenia,

    Great job!!! When the potatoes themselves have too much water, they can get loose X( So I prefer to use May Queen potatoes, but basically, any kind of potato is okay.

    >>veggies, cheese, bacon
    Absolutely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love croquette... it's easy and must be delicious! x3 thanks for sharing.. i will try it one day =D

    http://pururuworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello Chino-chan,

    you know korokke?! hehe thanks for liking jap food ♥ and thanks for following :D

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts - Last 7 days