Macaroni Gratin is a very popular home cooked dish in Japan.
What is good about making it at home is you can make it healthier :3
This recipe is not only healthy but easy and delicious!!! My darling asked me to make it again. Definitely I will!!! haha
NO BAKE Macaroni Gratin
Number of servings: 2 (as a main dish)
250g (8.8oz.) chicken breast *or shrimp/seafood mix if you like
200g (7oz.) potato
100g (3.5oz.) onion
100g (3.5oz.) macaroni *9min cooking time (or more minutes is ok, too)
1 consomme cube (or bouillon cube) to make 300ml soup
200ml soy milk
2 tbsp. melted butter
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tbsp. cooking oil
salt and pepper
50g (1.8oz.) pizza cheese
20g (0.7oz.) grated parmesan cheese
1. Toast the grated parmesan cheese in a frying pan until golden brown and set aside.
2. Remove the skin from the chicken if desired. Then cut into small bite-size pieces and season with salt and pepper. Slice the potato into 5mm (0.2 inch) half rounds. Slice the onion.
3. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and stir-fry (2.) until coated with oil.
4. Add macaroni, water, and consomme cube, then cook on medium for 3 minutes.
5. Add soy milk, when it becomes to a boil, stop the heat. Mix melted butter and flour in a small dish. Add them into the frying pan. Then put on low and simmer until the sauce thickens.
6. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with pizza cheese, cover, and cook on low for about 5 minutes.
7. Taste the macaroni, when it is done, stop the heat, then sprinkle with the toasted parmesan cheese (1.) and parsley flakes to finish.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...