Cute rice dish idea for Bento box or Parties!
Cute substitute for Onigiri (rice balls).
Of course you can use Sushi rice to make Sushi rolls :)
Heart Shaped Rice Rolls (Sushi Idea)
Number of servings: 1 roll (3 pieces)
100g (3.5oz.) cooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
Furikake (rice seasoning) of your choice
1/2 Nori seaweed sheet
1. Place cooked Japanese rice in a bowl. Add Furikake (rice seasoning) while the rice is hot and slice through rice using rice paddle to separate the grains. (Cool the rice before you use.)
2. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of a bamboo sushi-roll mat. Place the seasoned rice, then wrap and shape it into a drop shape. Cut it into half.
3. Place 1/2 Nori sheet, shiny side down, on a bamboo sushi-roll mat. Remove the plastic wrap from the rice and place the rice in the center of Nori sheet.
4. Wrap the rice with Nori sheet. Then gently press the mat around the roll to shape it (do not squeeze).
5. With a moistened knife (bread knife cuts well) cut the roll into 3 pieces (re-wet as needed. don't push but pull to cut).
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
How to Make Heart Shaped Rice Rolls (Sushi Idea) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Onsen Tamago is a traditional Japanese soft-boiled egg. The egg white is milky and the egg yolk is creamy. It makes a perfect topping for ri...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Fresh Wakame seaweed is in season in spring in Japan! My mom bought it as a souvenir. Wakame soup is highly nutritious soup that contains...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
I have had many requests to share hospital food in Japan so I decided to make this video. Meals during maternity stay were well balanced. Ho...
This recipe was once introduced on TV! It requires only 2 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8w1DFw6JG4 Perfect for parti...
Easy and fun idea to fool your family or friends. hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxmFq01egpo Perfect for April Fools Day, too XD ...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Simple yet delicious rice dish using Edamame (green soybeans)! Simple salt seasoning enhances the flavor of Edamame. Perfect for bento box :...
Easy and gorgeous Sushi idea for parties :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-U_nJ2-H0 You can of course top with your favorite fish o...