Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hikarin Cafe

Hello! We are having high 90's almost daily!
The heat from the ground is steamy like a sauna and makes me dizzy :(
Because of the heat or not, I was extremely drowsy this morning that I fell back to sleep... Also, I dozed off while standing on the train... I'm okay now though!

Yesterday, the third Monday in July, was Marine Day (a holiday) in Japan!
My boyfriend and I went to Odaiba to go to the "Hikarin Cafe". It is a cafe opened by Nosan Corporation which is famous for their Yodoran (iodine-enriched egg)! I wrote about them often since I won some prizes at their contests every season.
Last week, I again won a prize, "the grand prize", and received lunch for two at their cafe! That's why we went there ;)

The cafe is open from 7/19-8/31, for a limited time only. They have an anti-aging food platter for adults and a well-balanced food platter for kids! Moreover, they have many different kinds of sweets and drinks. They all use healthy ingredients including their eggs!

The cafe was kind of crowded, but we could seat without waiting, which was good! It was a bright white cafe with a lot of cute images of Hikarin, the character of Yodoran, on the windows. There were some of my recipes in their handmade recipe books displayed there! We had a good relaxing time!

Moreover, there are many entertaining places in Odaiba. At the DECKS Tokyo Beach, there is a place called DAIBA 1-CHOME SHOUTENGAI (image on the right) where you can time-trip to Showa era (1950s). Also, there is a SEGA amusement theme park called Tokyo Joypolis.

On this day, there were a lot of people going to Fuji TV's "Odaiba Boukenou Final". I have no idea what that is, but it seems like popular with kids.

If you have a chance to visit Tokyo this summer, Odaiba is a place you want to go ;)

And lastly, you know what!? My bracket broke off again...
No more 3s!!!

Okay, I have another thing to write, but maybe tomorrow.
Good night!

Please click below and vote for me.

ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ Top Food & Drink blogs

Popular Posts - Last 7 days