This is an award winning recipe :D
Silicon tools are now popular in Japan. There was a contest using a microwavable silicon pot and I won a grand prize! You can substitute it with a deep microwavable deep dish or container, of course.
I hope all ingredients are available around!
Note: Depending on the heat of the microwave, cooking time may differ.
Healthy Microwave Okonomiyaki
Number of servings: 1
microwavable deep silicone pot, dish or container
120g (4.2oz.) thinly sliced pork
100g (3.6oz.) shredded cabbage
2 tbsp. tenkasu (crunchy bits of deep fried flour-batter)
* 100g (3.6oz.) yam
* 2 tbsp. flour
* 1 egg
* 3g (0.1oz.) katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
* okonomiyaki sauce
* katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
* aonori (green laver)
1. Grate the yam and mix A in a large bowl. Add shredded cabbage and tenkasu, and mix well.
2. In a microwavable deep silicone pot (dish or container), spread 1/3 of the mixture (1.) in a thin layer, then place 1/3 of thinly sliced pork on top. Repeat the steps for 2 more times.
3. Cover the pot (or cover plastic wrap) and microwave for 10 minutes at 500 watts. *Depending on the heat of the microwave, cooking time may differ.
4. When you uncover, be careful as steam and water are very hot. Top with B and serve!
My original recipe in Japanese is here.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...