After watching cookingwithdog's Hoto Noodles, I was inspired to make a miso soup with Kabocha (Japanese Pumpkin/Squash) and Somen noodles!!!
It came out amazingly delicious :D
You can also substitute Somen noodles with Udon noodles!
Kabocha (Japanese Pumpkin/Squash) Miso Soup with Somen Noodles
Number of servings: 4
1/4 (300g=10.5oz.) Kabocha (Japanese pumpkin/squash)
1/2 (100g=3.5oz.) onion
100g (3.5oz.) Shimeji mushrooms
4 cups (800ml) water
1 tsp. dashi powder
3 tbsp. miso
1 bundle dried Somen noodles
1. Scoop out the seeds of Kabocha, wash (you don't have to drain well), place it on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on medium (500W) for 3 minutes to make it easier to cut. Cut the Kabocha into bite-size pieces.
2. Slice the onion. Remove tough base of Shimeji mushrooms and break into bite-sized chunks.
3. In a large pot, put the water, dashi powder, sliced onion, shimeji mushrooms, and Kabocha. Then bring to a boil.
4. Remove the foam, then cover and cook for about 7 minutes on low heat until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, boil water in a different pot. Add dried Somen noodles in the boiling water and gently stir noodles with chopsticks. Cook Somen noodles al dente according to your package (mine was 3 min). Drain the noodles in a strainer and rinse the noodles with hands under running water.
6. Dilute the miso (little by little) in a ladle and dissolve into the soup. Then add the Somen noodles and cook until hot. Serve in a small soup bowl or mug.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
Monjayaki is a local dish of Tokyo. It is a type of Japanese pan-fried batter with various ingredients. Ingredients are similar to Okonomi...
This recipe was once introduced on TV! It requires only 2 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8w1DFw6JG4 Perfect for parti...
Moist and fluffy cupcakes with custard whipped cream filling. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgWKARYqOnE I received a lot of requests f...
The other day, I was looking for a cake pan on the Net and ended up finding many 2 ingredients chocolate cake posts! This idea must be popul...
わらび餅 (Warabi-Mochi) is traditional Japanese jelly-like Mochi-like confectionery (和菓子 wagashi). To make the authentic one, you will need わらび粉...