After watching cookingwithdog's Hoto Noodles, I was inspired to make a miso soup with Kabocha (Japanese Pumpkin/Squash) and Somen noodles!!!
It came out amazingly delicious :D
You can also substitute Somen noodles with Udon noodles!
Kabocha (Japanese Pumpkin/Squash) Miso Soup with Somen Noodles
Number of servings: 4
1/4 (300g=10.5oz.) Kabocha (Japanese pumpkin/squash)
1/2 (100g=3.5oz.) onion
100g (3.5oz.) Shimeji mushrooms
4 cups (800ml) water
1 tsp. dashi powder
3 tbsp. miso
1 bundle dried Somen noodles
1. Scoop out the seeds of Kabocha, wash (you don't have to drain well), place it on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on medium (500W) for 3 minutes to make it easier to cut. Cut the Kabocha into bite-size pieces.
2. Slice the onion. Remove tough base of Shimeji mushrooms and break into bite-sized chunks.
3. In a large pot, put the water, dashi powder, sliced onion, shimeji mushrooms, and Kabocha. Then bring to a boil.
4. Remove the foam, then cover and cook for about 7 minutes on low heat until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, boil water in a different pot. Add dried Somen noodles in the boiling water and gently stir noodles with chopsticks. Cook Somen noodles al dente according to your package (mine was 3 min). Drain the noodles in a strainer and rinse the noodles with hands under running water.
6. Dilute the miso (little by little) in a ladle and dissolve into the soup. Then add the Somen noodles and cook until hot. Serve in a small soup bowl or mug.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
FYI: 授かりアート ベリーペイント (Sazukari Art Belly Painting): http://ameblo.jp/sazukariart/entry-11940225303.html ♥Please Subscribe to my ...
Recently, this "Whole Tomato Rice" is talked about on the Internet and TV in Japan, so I tried it out!!! Yes! It is simple yet d...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
I know you love crêpe!!! This is perfect for Christmas. Easy, gorgeous, and delicious :3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIVs5HCgK0U ...
Just make sure you harden it up in the freezer before you cut. Then you can make this easy and beautiful cookies with no worries ;) https...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
Using this kit, you can avoid burning cookies in the microwave, like the ones I made before . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO0undbKxnA...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
10/10 is our 4th wedding anniversary. My darling's company allows to take an anniversary leave, so he took a day off yesterday (10/9) wh...
On 3/12, the day after the Miyagi Quake , our renovation was completed. In the midst of the afterquakes, we made final checks... how scary X...