After watching cookingwithdog's Hoto Noodles, I was inspired to make a miso soup with Kabocha (Japanese Pumpkin/Squash) and Somen noodles!!!
It came out amazingly delicious :D
You can also substitute Somen noodles with Udon noodles!
Kabocha (Japanese Pumpkin/Squash) Miso Soup with Somen Noodles
Number of servings: 4
1/4 (300g=10.5oz.) Kabocha (Japanese pumpkin/squash)
1/2 (100g=3.5oz.) onion
100g (3.5oz.) Shimeji mushrooms
4 cups (800ml) water
1 tsp. dashi powder
3 tbsp. miso
1 bundle dried Somen noodles
1. Scoop out the seeds of Kabocha, wash (you don't have to drain well), place it on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on medium (500W) for 3 minutes to make it easier to cut. Cut the Kabocha into bite-size pieces.
2. Slice the onion. Remove tough base of Shimeji mushrooms and break into bite-sized chunks.
3. In a large pot, put the water, dashi powder, sliced onion, shimeji mushrooms, and Kabocha. Then bring to a boil.
4. Remove the foam, then cover and cook for about 7 minutes on low heat until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, boil water in a different pot. Add dried Somen noodles in the boiling water and gently stir noodles with chopsticks. Cook Somen noodles al dente according to your package (mine was 3 min). Drain the noodles in a strainer and rinse the noodles with hands under running water.
6. Dilute the miso (little by little) in a ladle and dissolve into the soup. Then add the Somen noodles and cook until hot. Serve in a small soup bowl or mug.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
わらび餅 (Warabi-Mochi) is traditional Japanese jelly-like Mochi-like confectionery (和菓子 wagashi). To make the authentic one, you will need わらび粉...
Fujiya Country Ma'am Chocolate Chip Cookies are very popular soft and chewy cookies in Japan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewoSIL...
Monjayaki is a local dish of Tokyo. It is a type of Japanese pan-fried batter with various ingredients. Ingredients are similar to Okonomi...
Recently, this "Whole Tomato Rice" is talked about on the Internet and TV in Japan, so I tried it out!!! Yes! It is simple yet d...