Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo.
I never thought of making this at home, but I tried it for my viewers :)
Pureed banana custard cream was smooth and delicious.
Please try it out!!!
Number of servings: 8 (cream is for 16 or more)
9-inch square brownie pan
((Banana Custard Cream))
Net 100g (3.5oz.) banana
* 1 egg
* 1 tbsp. corn starch
* 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
* 150ml milk
a few drops of vanilla extract
((Banana Custard Cream))
1. In a bowl, mash banana with a fork.
2. Add A and mix well.
3. Strain the mixture through a sieve into a saucepan.
4. Put on low, stir constantly, and stop the heat when the cream starts to thicken. Mix well with the remaining heat. If you like, add a few drops of vanilla extract. Leave to cool completely.
5. Transfer the cream into a pastry bag OR into a dish covered tightly with plastic wrap (make sure the cream sticks to the plastic wrap to keep from drying out). Chill in the fridge.
1. Cut the sponge cake into 4 squares. Then cut them into thin (0.2 inch) slices.
2. Place the cake on plastic wrap (with the brown side up), pipe out the Banana Custard Cream, roll, and securely twist the ends like a candy.
*It tastes good if you chill them in the fridge before you eat.
*You can also use a store-bought sponge cake.
If you prefer to make Deco Sponge Cake, watch this video!
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....