Ebi Furai (Deep Fried Prawn) is Japanese-invented Western-style deep fried dish, such as Tonkatsu.
It is a very popular deep fried main dish in Japan as well as Japanese restaurants worldwide.
Perfect for Bento box as well :)
Ebi Furai (Deep Fried Prawn)
Number of servings: 6 pieces
6 large black tiger prawn
salt and cracked black pepper
* beaten egg
* Panko (bread crumbs)
vegetable oil for frying
Bull-Dog Tonkatsu sauce if preferred
shredded cabbage and tomatoes
* 1 chopped hard-boiled egg
* 2 tbsp. minced onion
* 1 chopped dill pickles
* 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
* salt and pepper
1. Wash, peel (leave the tails) and devein the prawn. Make 4-5 incisions (about 1/3 depth) in their stomach side to straighten them. Then cut off the tip of the tail and remove the water inside to avoid splatters when frying.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Flour the prawn lightly, dip in beaten egg, then coat with Panko. Use one hand for coating flour and Panko, and use the other to dip in egg to keep one of your hands dry.
3. Deep fry them in oil at 170C (340F) for 2-3 min until cooked golden brown. Remove them from the oil and drain.
4. Serve on plate with shredded cabbage and tomatoes. Eat with lemon juice, tartar sauce and/or Tonkatsu sauce. Anyway you like ;D
the batter is enough to make more than 6! 8 or 10 is good :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...