Ebi Furai (Deep Fried Prawn) is Japanese-invented Western-style deep fried dish, such as Tonkatsu.
It is a very popular deep fried main dish in Japan as well as Japanese restaurants worldwide.
Perfect for Bento box as well :)
Ebi Furai (Deep Fried Prawn)
Number of servings: 6 pieces
6 large black tiger prawn
salt and cracked black pepper
* beaten egg
* Panko (bread crumbs)
vegetable oil for frying
Bull-Dog Tonkatsu sauce if preferred
shredded cabbage and tomatoes
* 1 chopped hard-boiled egg
* 2 tbsp. minced onion
* 1 chopped dill pickles
* 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
* salt and pepper
1. Wash, peel (leave the tails) and devein the prawn. Make 4-5 incisions (about 1/3 depth) in their stomach side to straighten them. Then cut off the tip of the tail and remove the water inside to avoid splatters when frying.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Flour the prawn lightly, dip in beaten egg, then coat with Panko. Use one hand for coating flour and Panko, and use the other to dip in egg to keep one of your hands dry.
3. Deep fry them in oil at 170C (340F) for 2-3 min until cooked golden brown. Remove them from the oil and drain.
4. Serve on plate with shredded cabbage and tomatoes. Eat with lemon juice, tartar sauce and/or Tonkatsu sauce. Anyway you like ;D
the batter is enough to make more than 6! 8 or 10 is good :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...