I didn't feeling like eating buns, so I made brownies instead =D
It turned out pretty good♥
I hope you give it a try!!!
Hot Cross Spiced Brownies
Time: 1 hour
Number of servings: 16 pieces
15cm (6inch) square cake pan
150g (5.3oz.) milk chocolate
100g (3.5oz.) butter
50g (1.8oz.) sugar (or brown sugar)
* 100g (3.5oz.) cake flour (I think all purpose flour is ok)
* 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
* 1/2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
* 1/2 tsp. ginger powder
* 1/4 tsp. nutmeg powder
100g (3.5oz.) mixed dried fruit (you can soak in 2 tbsp. of rum overnight if you like)
50g (1.8oz.) walnuts
40g (1.4oz.) white chocolate
1. Line the cake pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F).
2. Place butter and chocolate (broken into pieces) in a bowl. Melt them in a double boiler over hot water (60C/140F). Leave to cool slightly but not harden.
3. In a different bowl, beat eggs, add sugar, and mix well.
4. Add the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture little by little and mix well.
5. Sift in A and gently mix with a wire whisk or a spatula until combined.
6. Add mixed dried fruit and walnuts, then fold in with a spatula.
7. Pour and spread the batter into the cake pan. Drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter. Bake at 170C (338F) for 25-30 minutes.
8. Place the cake pan on a wire rack until you can handle it. Then remove the cake from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Cut the brownie into 16 squares. Melt white chocolate in a pastry bag. Snip off the end, then draw the crosses on the brownies.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...