Low-carb gratin without macaroni ;)
The texture of Shimeji and Kamaboko is just like Macaroni!!!
Kamaboko (Fish Cake) Gratin
Time: 1 hr
Number of servings: 15×20cm (6×8inch) pie dish
150g (5.3oz.) Kamaboko (fish cake)
150g (5.3oz.) chicken thigh *or shrimp/seafood mix if you like
100g (3.5oz.) onion
200g (7.0oz.) Shimeji mushrooms
1 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
200ml soy milk
1/2 consomme cube (or powder)
salt and pepper
grated parmesan cheese
1. Remove the skin from the chicken, cut into chunks, and season with salt and pepper. Slice the onion. Break Shimeji mushrooms into pieces. Thinly slice Kamaboko.
2. Heat butter in a pot then stir-fry the chicken, onions, and Shimeji until cooked.
3. Mix in flour.
4. Add water, soy milk, and consomme cube, then simmer until the sauce thickens.
5. Add Kamaboko and season with salt and pepper.
6. Transfer to a pie dish, sprinkle with pizza cheese and parmesan cheese.
7. Bake in the oven at 250C (482F) / gas oven to 230C (446F) / or you can use a toaster oven, for about 10 minutes, just until golden brown on top.
FYI: Macaroni Gratin (マカロニグラタン)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, January 22, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Onsen Tamago is a traditional Japanese soft-boiled egg. The egg white is milky and the egg yolk is creamy. It makes a perfect topping for ri...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Fresh Wakame seaweed is in season in spring in Japan! My mom bought it as a souvenir. Wakame soup is highly nutritious soup that contains...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
I have had many requests to share hospital food in Japan so I decided to make this video. Meals during maternity stay were well balanced. Ho...
This recipe was once introduced on TV! It requires only 2 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8w1DFw6JG4 Perfect for parti...
Easy and fun idea to fool your family or friends. hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxmFq01egpo Perfect for April Fools Day, too XD ...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Simple yet delicious rice dish using Edamame (green soybeans)! Simple salt seasoning enhances the flavor of Edamame. Perfect for bento box :...
Easy and gorgeous Sushi idea for parties :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-U_nJ2-H0 You can of course top with your favorite fish o...