Coxinha is a very popular street food snack in Brazil :)
Note: Don't blame me, I tried to make it with the ingredients available in Japan.
Coxinhas (Brazilian Chicken Croquettes)
Number of servings: 10 pieces
400g (14oz.) potatoes
2 tbsp. butter
1 consomme cube or powder
150g (5.3oz.) bread flour
350g (12.5oz) chicken breast
1 chopped onion
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp. salt
fine bread crumbs
vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Peel and cut potatoes into medium chunks and place them in a pot with chicken breast. Add water until cover, then boil them until soft for about 20 minutes. Drain and mash the potatoes (in a pot) while hot. Add milk, butter, and consomme, then mix well. Shred the chicken with your fingers.
2. Heat cooking oil in a pot, add chopped onion, then cook until tender. Add the shredded chicken and finely chopped fresh parsley, then season with salt and pepper.
3. Put the pot with the potato mixture on low heat, add bread flour, then knead until combined. Leave to cool until you can handle it, then divide it into 10 portions.
4. Grease your hands with cooking oil, flatten the dough, place the filling in the center, then wrap the dough into a pear shape.
5. Coat with bread flour, beaten egg, then bread crumbs.
6. Deep fry in oil at 170C (338F) for about 6 minutes until golden.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, August 12, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Fresh Wakame seaweed is in season in spring in Japan! My mom bought it as a souvenir. Wakame soup is highly nutritious soup that contains...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
I received many requests for Japanese vegetarian foods, so here is the one! I made my popular recipe which I have already received 300 pho...
Easy and gorgeous Sushi idea for parties :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-U_nJ2-H0 You can of course top with your favorite fish o...