Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Art of the Bento

Hello!
It's cold again.
But luckily it's not raining!
Also, it will be much warmer tomorrow :)
As I wrote before, tomorrow I am going out for dinner with my boyfriend.
He said he made a reservation at a restaurant! Yay!!!

Do you want to hear a funny story?
Yesterday, my boyfriend and I were planning to eat Udon for dinner out at a noodle shop.
However, I couldn't go out because I was waiting for the redelivery at home.
The package was important since it was a questionnaire for my boyfriend's health checkup which was held today.
Even worth, he needed to eat by 8pm to have a blood test.
So we gave up eating out and bought bento (bento is a single-portion takeout or home-packed meal common in Japanese cuisine) at "Origin Bento" (it's a famous bento shop).
We fight over chili shrimp and stir-fried broccoli and finished our meal.
And what was funny is that today I talked about this to my co-worker and he said that the Origin Bento was on the news yesterday, have been serving outdated food to customers in the Tokyo area...
How bad timing!
I always cook at home and it was an unusual plan to eat bento...
Also, I didn't need to fight over our food...

Anyway, back to my cooking.
I will show you my bento art!
This I created for Kibun Foods (they mainly produce fishcake products).
I used their products to create this bento.
The menu is posted at their website :)

I gotta go now!
See you again!


Please click below and vote for me.



Popular Posts - Last 7 days