Google+

Friday, May 20, 2011

Onigiri - Video Recipe

New video is up :D


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFyfPvo97XQ

Rice ball is called "Onigiri" in Japanese. Mostly it's shape is triangle and you can either mix ingredients into rice or fill your favorite ingredient in the rice ball, or both!

There are many furikake (rice seasoning) products at Asian grocery stores, so try out and see how you like it done :D



---------------------------------
Onigiri

Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 3min
Number of servings: 2

Ingredients:
160g (5.7oz.) cooked white Japanese rice
furikake of your choice

Directions:
1. Put steamed rice in a bowl.
2. Mix furikake of your choice. (See the direction on it's package.)
3. Wet your hands in water so that the rice won't stick.
4. Place the seasoned rice on your hand.
5. Form the rice into a triangle by pressing lightly with your palms.

When you use filling…
1. Put steamed rice in a bowl.
2. Wet your hands in water so that the rice won't stick.
3. Place the rice on your hand.
4. Make a hole in the center of the rice and place the filling.
5. Form the rice into a triangle by pressing lightly with your palms.

*You can wrap your onigiri with a strip or a sheet of nori seaweed if you want.
---------------------------------


Have a nice weekend ;)

♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
http://www.youtube.com/ochikeron

♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
http://www.facebook.com/Ochikeron/

♥Follow me on twitter♥
http://twitter.com/ochikeron (English)
http://twitter.com/alohaforever (Japanese)

♥My Cookbook♥

12 comments:

  1. Hi :) Nice blog you got there, I was wonderin if we could be friends and follow each others blogs? ^__^ Thank youuuu.~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ochi,

    Hi,I'm back!!

    I love onigiri recipes.Superb easy for everyone to practice.

    But I'm not sure if I can get those seasoning from groceries.Perhaps I can browse around Daiso..

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that smiley face is so cute, love it:) i wanna try and make these, but instead of making them into triangles, i might shape them into small balls or maybe heartshape? ^_^ my darling does not like food that's hugely sized, so because of him i always have to beautify the dish abit & make them smaller portioned:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad u visited my personal blog:) i hope u'll visit again soon!

    p.s. what drugstore brands do u use for ur makeup? it's hard to get jap makeup stuff here. some asian students open a shop & sell jap prdts but they're v over-priced. so it's always better to get them online frm HK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristina,‬

    Thanks for stopping by! I will visit your blog later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi jose,

    Great! I'm glad to see you around again :D
    I think Daiso has the seasonings ;)

    The weekend was fast as usual. boo...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi mica,

    Heart shape sounds cute! Small balls are good for bento :D
    Really?! But my darling, too! He doesn't eat when it's too huge. Guys are too cute. I like huge ones, like huge cakes! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi mica again,

    I wonder how to follow your personal posts. I hope google reader accepts.

    That's a good question! There are too many but canmake is pretty cheap and good in quality! Also I love Visee from KOSE and KATE from Kanebo
    http://www.canmake.com/
    
http://www.visee.jp/
    http://nomorerules.net/

    I know! Some products overseas here are also over priced… L'OCCITANE is one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha ur darling too? are all guys like that though? i thought it's only girls who like small portions! i like the original sized onigiri too, i like to take BIG bites! >_^

    i've thought about that, n decided to move my personal blog to blogger, much easier this way. i really like the templates/themes that they provide @ tumblr, but blogger is really more convenient.

    here's my personal blog url:
    http://iloveheartsandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh n i've made the mini onigiri balls last night for our dinner! will upload pics on my cooking blog soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi mica,

    right. i personally like smaller ones with a variety. hehe

    when it comes to huge, my darling prefers steak and meats in a huge portion. i think he doesn't want huge portions of "high carb foods". lol

    i will always follow you so let me know whenever you changed your mind!!! i know, i always test stuff deep to find out whether i like it or not. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi mica again,

    thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i just visited your blog :D

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts - Last 7 days