Google+

Monday, January 17, 2011

Start Date of Renovation and my Worries...

Today, our long-awaited renovation starts. I thought we were well prepared but my worries never seem to end X(

On Saturday, we went to see our new home once again before the renovation starts and realized that the height of the ceiling is not high enough to apply the wooden plyboard floor. To apply this, we have to lift about 2 or more inches from current condition which might make our room feel cramped and small.



All condos in Japan have a sound insulation control and we have to keep LL40 (sound insulation level) for the flooring. Thus, to reduce the thickness, some people use carpet or vinyl flooring.



I have to talk to our contractor to change our choice?! We made an appointment this weekend to discuss about it!

It is still cold and dry in Tokyo. My black fur beanie which I bought last year in spring at half price now became useful ;)



Have a good one!

Please click below and vote for me.
ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ

8 comments:

  1. Ochi,

    Wow,complicated stuffs!! I can't really understand about all those renovation stuff.

    I believe you can get the best solutions from your contractor's advice.Don't worry,Ochi.

    I think I can't help you much with anything here since I know nothing.But I believe everything will have the solutions.

    :)Bright day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks jose!

    You cheer everyone up these days. hehe

    I know I worry to much X( My darling says that, too... But the amount we are talking about is millions of dollars, so that makes me really nervous...

    Hope everything goes fine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute in the fur black beanie!!!! Oh wow the apartment looks great! I can't wait to see it decorated! Oh and yes the bruises sand cuts on my arm are taking long to heal, but most of the bruises have gone away so Im not in much pain, there's just lots of scars now hahaha

    Yes I think sit-down meals at disney are important too! Especially since it's just me and my bf so we have lots of time and don't have any children or family to look after! Much easier to do to disney world that way hahaha I see lots of families with young children and screaming kids, I feel so bad for the parents they can't enjoy Disney world that much lol

    I hope the appointment with your contractor goes the way you want it to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all the best with your renovations! i know what a headache it can be at times cus my family has done several renovations on our house! it'll all be worth it in the end though! P.S - you are so gorgeous! you rock that black furry beanie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi suki,

    Thanks for liking my beanie. It's from shibuya 109 (one way) ;)

    I know... it takes time. I hope your scars go away soon, too!!!

    I totally understand families stuff. Whenever I see children screaming, I don't feel freedom to their parents... I know I might go through that life someday soon... So, please fully enjoy Disney world :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kym,

    Thanks for stopping by!!!

    Your family is really creative!!! Renovation saves money (compared to getting a brand new home), but it is a headache at the same time. I hope everything goes better than I am thinking X(

    My beanie was at a sale, so I'm glad I don't look cheap! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the idea od the sound insulation control, but unfortunately that takes away space. hopefully you will find a solution.

    i hope the best for you and your family home renovation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi grub,

    Yes... I can't wait to see our contractor to discuss about it. haha

    I hope for the best, too, since we already bought it X(

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts - Last 7 days