Hayashi Rice (also called Hashed Beef) is a very popular Western-style rice dish in Japan.
You can use the mix (roux) to save time, but in this video I will show you how to make it from scratch :)
Hayashi Rice (Hashed Beef)
Number of servings: 4
400g (14oz.) thinly sliced beef
1 (200g=7oz.) onion
* 1 (200g=7oz.) onion
* 1/2 (100g=3.5oz.) carrot
* 1 (200g=7oz.) tomato
* 2 tbsp. butter
* 100ml red wine
* 2 tbsp. flour
* 1 can (290g=10oz.) demi-glace sauce
* 1 consomme cube (or bouillon cube)
* 1 bay leaf
* 400ml water
* 1 tsp. salt
* cracked black pepper
2 tbsp. cooking oil
salt and cracked black pepper
1. Thinly slice the onion and carrot. Make cross incisions on the bottom surface of tomato. Bring a pot of water to a boil, pour it over the tomato to soften the skin, then peel (you can also dip the tomato in hot water for a few seconds to soften the skin). Seed tomato and cut into small pieces.
2. Heat butter in a large stew pot. Add the sliced onion and carrot, then stir-fry on low until lightly colored golden brown.
3. Add red wine and simmer on low until somewhat absorbed. Add flour and mix well.
4. Add tomato, demi-glace sauce, consomme cube, bay leaf, and water. Bring to a boil, remove the foam, turn the heat down to medium, season with salt and pepper. Then cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Drain well with a strainer. *You can eat strained vegetables but they don't taste good, so I don't recommend eating them…
((Make Hayashi Rice))
1. Cut thinly sliced beef into bite size pieces and season with 1 tsp. of salt. Slice onion into bite-size wedges.
2. In a large stew pot, heat 1 tbsp. of cooking oil, stir-fry the onion slices until tender.
3. Add 1 tbsp. of cooking oil and the beef, then saute until no longer pink.
4. Add the roux, then cook on low for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
5. Serve it on a hot bed of rice. Garnish with parsley if you have.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Saturday, March 8, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...