Hayashi Rice (also called Hashed Beef) is a very popular Western-style rice dish in Japan.
You can use the mix (roux) to save time, but in this video I will show you how to make it from scratch :)
Hayashi Rice (Hashed Beef)
Number of servings: 4
400g (14oz.) thinly sliced beef
1 (200g=7oz.) onion
* 1 (200g=7oz.) onion
* 1/2 (100g=3.5oz.) carrot
* 1 (200g=7oz.) tomato
* 2 tbsp. butter
* 100ml red wine
* 2 tbsp. flour
* 1 can (290g=10oz.) demi-glace sauce
* 1 consomme cube (or bouillon cube)
* 1 bay leaf
* 400ml water
* 1 tsp. salt
* cracked black pepper
2 tbsp. cooking oil
salt and cracked black pepper
1. Thinly slice the onion and carrot. Make cross incisions on the bottom surface of tomato. Bring a pot of water to a boil, pour it over the tomato to soften the skin, then peel (you can also dip the tomato in hot water for a few seconds to soften the skin). Seed tomato and cut into small pieces.
2. Heat butter in a large stew pot. Add the sliced onion and carrot, then stir-fry on low until lightly colored golden brown.
3. Add red wine and simmer on low until somewhat absorbed. Add flour and mix well.
4. Add tomato, demi-glace sauce, consomme cube, bay leaf, and water. Bring to a boil, remove the foam, turn the heat down to medium, season with salt and pepper. Then cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Drain well with a strainer. *You can eat strained vegetables but they don't taste good, so I don't recommend eating them…
((Make Hayashi Rice))
1. Cut thinly sliced beef into bite size pieces and season with 1 tsp. of salt. Slice onion into bite-size wedges.
2. In a large stew pot, heat 1 tbsp. of cooking oil, stir-fry the onion slices until tender.
3. Add 1 tbsp. of cooking oil and the beef, then saute until no longer pink.
4. Add the roux, then cook on low for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
5. Serve it on a hot bed of rice. Garnish with parsley if you have.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Saturday, March 8, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...