Omurice is a very popular home cooked meal in Japan.
It is a chicken fried rice wrapped with a thin sheet of crepe-like fried egg.
Many people, especially kids and guys like it ;)
Perfect dish for bento box, too!
Omurice (Japanese Omelet Rice)
Number of servings: 4
600g (1.3lb.) warm cooked rice
200g (7oz.) chicken breast without skin
200g (7oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) canned sliced mushrooms
salt and pepper
cooked broccoli *if you like
1. Dice the chicken and chop the onion.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. of cooking oil in a frying pan and cook the chopped onion until tender. Add the diced chicken and cook until no longer pink. Then add sliced mushrooms and 8 tbsp. of ketchup.
3. Add warm cooked rice, when they are evenly coated with ketchup, season with salt and pepper, then divide it into 4 portions. *you can wrap the leftover rice with plastic wrap and keep in the freezer for about a week or more.
4. Beat 2 eggs (1 serving) in a bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
5. In a clean frying pan, heat 1/2 tbsp. of cooking oil, spread the egg mixture and make a round omelette. Before the egg is fully cooked, place the seasoned rice in the middle. Fold both both sides of the egg, then shape it using the edge of the pan. Carefully flip it over onto a plate. *You can use a paper towel to shape it nicely.
6. Put some ketchup on top, and serve with cooked broccoli if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Onsen Tamago is a traditional Japanese soft-boiled egg. The egg white is milky and the egg yolk is creamy. It makes a perfect topping for ri...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Fresh Wakame seaweed is in season in spring in Japan! My mom bought it as a souvenir. Wakame soup is highly nutritious soup that contains...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
I have had many requests to share hospital food in Japan so I decided to make this video. Meals during maternity stay were well balanced. Ho...
This recipe was once introduced on TV! It requires only 2 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8w1DFw6JG4 Perfect for parti...
Easy and fun idea to fool your family or friends. hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxmFq01egpo Perfect for April Fools Day, too XD ...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Simple yet delicious rice dish using Edamame (green soybeans)! Simple salt seasoning enhances the flavor of Edamame. Perfect for bento box :...
Easy and gorgeous Sushi idea for parties :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-U_nJ2-H0 You can of course top with your favorite fish o...