One batter which magically divides into three layers, three different textures: a fudge base, gâteau au chocolat center, and sponge top!
Of course you can arrange the flavor in the way you want. Matcha green tea may be beautiful =)
The recipe was originated in France and talked about in Japan this year 2015 ;)
Chocolate Magic Cake (3-Layer Cake from 1 Batter)
Number of servings: 15cm (6inch) square cake pan
60g (2.1oz.) granulated sugar
1 tbsp. water
60g (2.1oz.) butter
40g (1.4oz.) cake flour
20g (0.7oz.) cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
*to make plain magic cake you can eliminate cocoa powder and use 60g (2.1oz.) cake flour
1. Preheat the oven to 160C (320F).
2. Line the cake pan with parchment paper.
3. Melt the butter in a microwave at 600W for 30 seconds.
4. Warm the milk (not hot).
5. Separate the eggs.
6. Place the egg yolks in a bowl. Add half of the sugar (30g) and water, then beat them with an electric mixer until white like mayonnaise.
7. Add butter little by little and mix well.
8. Sift in flour and cocoa powder, add salt, and mix well.
9. Add milk 1/2 at a time, then add vanilla extract and mix well.
10. In a different bowl, whip egg whites and the rest of the granulated sugar (30g) with an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
11. Mix 9 and 10 together for 10 times with a whisk. DO NOT OVER-MIX. Pour the batter into the pan and even out the surface.
12. Bake at 160C (320F) for about 45~50 minutes.
13. Leave to cool completely, then cool in the fridge for 2 hours.
You can dust with powdered sugar and garnish with some fruits if you like :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, December 25, 2015
Chocolate Magic Cake (3-Layer Cake from 1 Batter) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....