Google+

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Microwave Cookies

Do you know that you can bake cookies in microwave?

Just mix and microwave! Easy enough for kids to bake ;)

Use your favorite sprinkles!!! I should have used more of pink ones. Ha-ha!!!

Video Recipe Available :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoLStf_-HgU



Cup measurement video is HERE!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvnAQcgAo9o



---------------------------------
Microwave Cookies

Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 15min
Number of servings: 20 cookies

Ingredients:
100g (3.5oz.) butter (softened)
50g (1.7oz.) sugar
1 egg
A
* 130g (4.5oz.) all-purpose flour
* 1/2 tsp. baking powder
B
* 25g (0.8oz.) chocolate chips
* 25g (0.8oz.) sprinkles of your choice

Directions:
1. Beat butter and sugar until creamy, add egg and mix well.
2. Sift A in 1. and mix well. Add B and mix well again.
3. Drop 5 cookies (at a time) by teaspoon in a ring onto waxed paper on microwave oven glass tray.
4. Microwave at 500w for 3min or 3 min + 30sec. Repeat the steps 3 & 4 to complete the rest.

My original recipe in Japanese is here.
---------------------------------


---------------------------------
Microwave Cookies (Metric Cup Measurement)

Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 15min
Number of servings: 24 cookies

Note:
1cup = 250ml or 250cc

Ingredients:
1/2cup = 125ml butter (softened) *100g (3.5oz.)
1/4cup = 62.5ml granulated sugar
1 egg
1cup = 250ml cake flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4cup = 62.5ml chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Beat butter and sugar until creamy, add egg and mix well.
2. Sift cake flour and baking powder in 1. and mix well. Add chocolate chips and mix well again.
3. Drop 4 cookie dough at a time by tablespoon onto parchment paper on microwavable plate or tray. *You don't want to burn your plate, so please line with the parchment paper.
4. Microwave at 500w for 3min (or less or more depending on the heat of your microwave). Repeat the steps 3 & 4 to complete the rest. *It is safe to test from 1 min to see how they come out. Microwave bakes the cookies from inside, so if they are baked golden brown, they are burned X(

*You can also bake them in an oven at 180C (350F) for 15 minutes.

レシピ(日本語)
http://cooklabo.blogspot.jp/2012/04/blog-post_28.html
---------------------------------


♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
http://www.youtube.com/ochikeron

♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥

http://www.facebook.com/Ochikeron/

♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥

ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ

23 comments:

justin kutin said...

Wow! That's so great! I have always wanted to bake but right now I don't have an oven yet. I will definitely try this and let you know what happens!

ochikeron said...

Hi Justin,

Yeah! Let me know how it came out ;) Best wishes!!!

Jo A. T.B. said...

Well Justin how did Ochi's cookies come out!! I'll have to try these too! Do they come out crunchy or cakelike!!

ochikeron said...

Hi jo,

Pretty crunchy. Maybe too crunchy. But if you think of the time you spent to make it, it's worthwhile ;)

Erika T. said...

Hello^^ I came across your recipe by chance and decided to try it. I live in Japan, so my apartment doesn't have an oven (I can't afford to buy one yet!), so this recipe seemed perfect!
Well, they turned out great!! I found that if I took them out while they were still a little soft, they didn't end up too crunchy^^ They still hardened a little while sitting out, so they ended up perfect =)
Just wanted to say thank you for posting such an awesome recipe!

ochikeron said...

Thanks Erika,

That's a real happy comment!!! I'm glad that I translated this recipe!!!

>if I took them out while they were still a little soft, they didn't end up too crunchy^^
Great you found that!!!

Thanks again!!!

ribena1989 said...

i tried this recipie and first time round i burnt the cookies and melted the plate they were on. but then i lowered the time to a minute and a half and they've come out perfectly ever since.
brilliant recipie. soo recommending this to friends with kids xx

ochikeron said...

Thanks ribena1989!

I just realized your comment!!!
Maybe the heat depends on the microwave. I'm sorry to hear about your plate X( But glad to hear that you found the right time to bake!!! I will put that in my mind, too!!!

Anonymous said...

I tried to make these and they didn't turn out crunchy/.. they turned out crunchy on the outside and powdery on the inside..

ochikeron said...

thanks for trying out!

powdery, oh, you said you used rice flour?! i wonder why... but maybe it doesn't work right with rice flour... thanks for your feedback!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG delicious!!!! love the cookies great recipe!! A+

ochikeron said...

thanks!!!

btw, i just changed my blog layout, so it was nice to receive a comment here on my old post :D hehe

maryam said...

Hi, I was very much impressed by this recipi since i dont have oven but love to cook and eat sweets. Can u to tell me the ingredients in cups or spoons if possible? Thats more easy for me.
Thank you.

ochikeron said...

hi maryam,

i will do that later someday. please wait ;D btw, do you measure butter with cup or spoon?! i just wonder. let me know.

maryam said...

Oh thank you so much for ur corporation :). If the quantity is much please tell me in cup.
I hope I am not giving u trouble.
arigatou.

maryam said...

PS
If melted butter can be used then tell me it in cups. thank u

ochikeron said...

hi maryam, i just updated approx. amount of the cups and tbsp. speaking of chocolate chip and the sprinkles, 50g = 1/4 chocolate chip, i guess.

Anonymous said...

It turned out very cakelike but was yummy!!

ochikeron said...

thanks! i'm glad to hear that!!!

mitchie said...

tht is one awesome recipe :D
just made a batch with my own twist, shall upload it to my blog soon.
THANKS for the GREAT IDEA.
now i have sth to munch on while revising <3
luv,
mitchie

ochikeron san said...

hi mitchie!

i'm happy to hear that X)

Usagi Tsukino said...

Thank you for this great recipe! :3

I have 2 big bags of Chinese bun powder at home, it has 80% flour, 18.6% sugar and baking soda. Do you think I can use it?

J. said...

My wife is a パティシエ. She says that you can put cookies into a container with a slice of bread. The cookies will become softer the next day. :-)

I just bought a Japanese microwave so I will try this recipe! (And many others, i think. ;-) ) Thanks for posting it!.

J.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days