This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)!
Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish, but it is very popular in Japan :)
In the next video, I will show you how to make Gyoza Wrappers!
How to Make Japanese Yaki Gyoza
Number of servings: 14 big dumplings or 24 small dumplings
1 leaf (100g=3.5oz.) Chinese cabbage
* 250g (8.8oz.) ground pork
* 1/2 chopped long onion
* 1 clove chopped garlic
* 1 tbsp. sesame oil
* 1 tsp. soy sauce
* cracked black pepper
14 big gyoza wrappers
la-yu / raayu (Chinese spicy sauce) if preferred
1. Boil water in a large pot. Add Chinese cabbage from the stem part. Boil Chinese cabbage for about one minute. Drain and soak in cold water (or use running water) to cool. Squeeze the Chinese cabbage to remove the excess water (use paper towel if you have).
2. Finely chop the Chinese cabbage.
3. Put the chopped Chinese cabbage and A in a bowl. Then mix well by hand (hand is better but using back of a spoon is okay) until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
4. Place the gyoza wrapper in your palm and place a spoonful of filling in the center. Put water along the edge of the wrapper by fingers, fold into semi circle, gather the front side of the wrapper and seal.
5. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan, place gyoza, cook on high heat until the bottoms become brown.
6. Turn the heat down to medium, add 50ml water (or about 1/3 of their hight), cover and steam the gyoza on med-high heat until cooked. Uncover and cook on high heat until the water is gone and crisp.
7. Serve with a mixture of soy sauce, a little vinegar, and a drop or two of la-yu if preferred.
Of course, it goes great with white rice! Perfect for bento, too!
But I prefer no garlic but ginger for bento ;)
Of course, there are many other ways to enjoy it!!!
Spinach Bacon Crispy Cheeze Gyoza with Balsamic Vinegar カリカリチーズ餃子
How to Make Yakiniku Gyoza (Recipe) 焼肉餃子の作り方 (レシピ)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
Hayashi Rice (also called Hashed Beef) is a very popular Western-style rice dish in Japan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkG1ThrfdTw Y...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
Roll Cake is a type of sponge cake roll. In Japan, we call it "Roll Cake" but in some other countries people call it Swiss roll or...
Baumkuchen is a kind of layered cake invented in Germany. It is a very popular cake in Japan. The most popular wedding favor, too! http:...
A cute Korean song by Hari (하리)! This video is not related to cooking, so it is unlisted (those who know the link can watch). hehe 韓国やタイ...
My darling was reading a newspaper the other day and found "Sushi Burrito" is very popular overseas. Well… we don't have it ...