This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)!
Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish, but it is very popular in Japan :)
In the next video, I will show you how to make Gyoza Wrappers!
How to Make Japanese Yaki Gyoza
Number of servings: 14 big dumplings or 24 small dumplings
1 leaf (100g=3.5oz.) Chinese cabbage
* 250g (8.8oz.) ground pork
* 1/2 chopped long onion
* 1 clove chopped garlic
* 1 tbsp. sesame oil
* 1 tsp. soy sauce
* cracked black pepper
14 big gyoza wrappers
la-yu / raayu (Chinese spicy sauce) if preferred
1. Boil water in a large pot. Add Chinese cabbage from the stem part. Boil Chinese cabbage for about one minute. Drain and soak in cold water (or use running water) to cool. Squeeze the Chinese cabbage to remove the excess water (use paper towel if you have).
2. Finely chop the Chinese cabbage.
3. Put the chopped Chinese cabbage and A in a bowl. Then mix well by hand (hand is better but using back of a spoon is okay) until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
4. Place the gyoza wrapper in your palm and place a spoonful of filling in the center. Put water along the edge of the wrapper by fingers, fold into semi circle, gather the front side of the wrapper and seal.
5. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan, place gyoza, cook on high heat until the bottoms become brown.
6. Turn the heat down to medium, add 50ml water (or about 1/3 of their hight), cover and steam the gyoza on med-high heat until cooked. Uncover and cook on high heat until the water is gone and crisp.
7. Serve with a mixture of soy sauce, a little vinegar, and a drop or two of la-yu if preferred.
Of course, it goes great with white rice! Perfect for bento, too!
But I prefer no garlic but ginger for bento ;)
Of course, there are many other ways to enjoy it!!!
Spinach Bacon Crispy Cheeze Gyoza with Balsamic Vinegar カリカリチーズ餃子
How to Make Yakiniku Gyoza (Recipe) 焼肉餃子の作り方 (レシピ)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
If you want to bake or deep fry Mochi (rice cake) to make Okaki (rice crackers), you need to dry out Mochi for a few days. However, with thi...
One batter which magically divides into three layers, three different textures: a flan base, crème center, and génoise (sponge) top! The re...
The other day, I was looking for a cake pan on the Net and ended up finding many 2 ingredients chocolate cake posts! This idea must be popul...
Nasu no Dengaku is grilled Japanese eggplant with sweet miso sauce. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38FbOBgFlNQ You can serve this as an...
Tortilla de Patata (Potato Tortilla) is one of the typical Spanish dishes. In my recipe, I am not going to deep fry the potatoes in olive oi...
"Menchi Katsu" is minced cutlet. It is kind of croquette, made from the mixture of ground meat (beef or pork, or both) and minced ...
Nabeyaki Udon is a very popular noodle dish cooked in a clay pot. It is eaten throughout the year, especially in cold season, to warm your b...
Lightly sweetened Kawaii pancakes! Perfect for babies and those who are on diet ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjEgvhGYRi0 Very eas...
This is healthy chicken nuggets using Okara! Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after making soy milk. It is low in cal...
Simple and delicious! I fried avocado and cheese wrapped with smoked salmon. You can sprinkle them with lemon juice for a refreshing taste! ...