This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)!
Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish, but it is very popular in Japan :)
In the next video, I will show you how to make Gyoza Wrappers!
How to Make Japanese Yaki Gyoza
Number of servings: 14 big dumplings or 24 small dumplings
1 leaf (100g=3.5oz.) Chinese cabbage
* 250g (8.8oz.) ground pork
* 1/2 chopped long onion
* 1 clove chopped garlic
* 1 tbsp. sesame oil
* 1 tsp. soy sauce
* cracked black pepper
14 big gyoza wrappers
la-yu / raayu (Chinese spicy sauce) if preferred
1. Boil water in a large pot. Add Chinese cabbage from the stem part. Boil Chinese cabbage for about one minute. Drain and soak in cold water (or use running water) to cool. Squeeze the Chinese cabbage to remove the excess water (use paper towel if you have).
2. Finely chop the Chinese cabbage.
3. Put the chopped Chinese cabbage and A in a bowl. Then mix well by hand (hand is better but using back of a spoon is okay) until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
4. Place the gyoza wrapper in your palm and place a spoonful of filling in the center. Put water along the edge of the wrapper by fingers, fold into semi circle, gather the front side of the wrapper and seal.
5. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan, place gyoza, cook on high heat until the bottoms become brown.
6. Turn the heat down to medium, add 50ml water (or about 1/3 of their hight), cover and steam the gyoza on med-high heat until cooked. Uncover and cook on high heat until the water is gone and crisp.
7. Serve with a mixture of soy sauce, a little vinegar, and a drop or two of la-yu if preferred.
Of course, it goes great with white rice! Perfect for bento, too!
But I prefer no garlic but ginger for bento ;)
Of course, there are many other ways to enjoy it!!!
Spinach Bacon Crispy Cheeze Gyoza with Balsamic Vinegar カリカリチーズ餃子
How to Make Yakiniku Gyoza (Recipe) 焼肉餃子の作り方 (レシピ)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
Please follow my Instagram!!! I share pics out of habit ;) Please find "ochikeron" at Instagram ;) http://instagram.com/och...
Just mix in a bowl, and bake!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXZ84x7daEY Super easy idea, perfect for Valentine's day ;) ---...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
Monjayaki is a local dish of Tokyo. It is a type of Japanese pan-fried batter with various ingredients. Ingredients are similar to Okonomi...
This is the way I love to eat Shirasu Don! Of course you can eat it in the way you like ;) There is no rule. hehe https://www.youtube.com...