This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)!
Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish, but it is very popular in Japan :)
In the next video, I will show you how to make Gyoza Wrappers!
How to Make Japanese Yaki Gyoza
Number of servings: 14 big dumplings or 24 small dumplings
1 leaf (100g=3.5oz.) Chinese cabbage
* 250g (8.8oz.) ground pork
* 1/2 chopped long onion
* 1 clove chopped garlic
* 1 tbsp. sesame oil
* 1 tsp. soy sauce
* cracked black pepper
14 big gyoza wrappers
la-yu / raayu (Chinese spicy sauce) if preferred
1. Boil water in a large pot. Add Chinese cabbage from the stem part. Boil Chinese cabbage for about one minute. Drain and soak in cold water (or use running water) to cool. Squeeze the Chinese cabbage to remove the excess water (use paper towel if you have).
2. Finely chop the Chinese cabbage.
3. Put the chopped Chinese cabbage and A in a bowl. Then mix well by hand (hand is better but using back of a spoon is okay) until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
4. Place the gyoza wrapper in your palm and place a spoonful of filling in the center. Put water along the edge of the wrapper by fingers, fold into semi circle, gather the front side of the wrapper and seal.
5. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan, place gyoza, cook on high heat until the bottoms become brown.
6. Turn the heat down to medium, add 50ml water (or about 1/3 of their hight), cover and steam the gyoza on med-high heat until cooked. Uncover and cook on high heat until the water is gone and crisp.
7. Serve with a mixture of soy sauce, a little vinegar, and a drop or two of la-yu if preferred.
Of course, it goes great with white rice! Perfect for bento, too!
But I prefer no garlic but ginger for bento ;)
Of course, there are many other ways to enjoy it!!!
Spinach Bacon Crispy Cheeze Gyoza with Balsamic Vinegar カリカリチーズ餃子
How to Make Yakiniku Gyoza (Recipe) 焼肉餃子の作り方 (レシピ)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
I receive many questions regarding the Cake Flour I use, so here is the answer! Cake Flour, we call 薄力粉 (Hakurikiko), is soft (weak) wheat...
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
Moist and fluffy cupcakes with custard whipped cream filling. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgWKARYqOnE I received a lot of requests f...
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
Everybody asks me what kind of high-tech oven I use, but it is very old. I think I won this oven at a recipe contest more than 7 years ago. ...
This is the perfect recipe to use up grated parmesan cheese! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yedWOUUm_A My favorite recipe from my chi...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...