In this video, I will show you how I Store / Reuse / Dispose the deep frying oil.
These are the frequently asked questions!
Q: What kind of oil do you use for deep frying?
A: I use vegetable oil.
Q: How much oil do I need to put in a deep fryer?
A: About 3.5cm (1.5inch) of oil in a deep fryer.
Q: How can I store my deep frying oil?
A: Try to clean the oil while it is hot to avoid overcooking crumbs in the oil. Then transfer it to a clean oil pot with a strainer. Keep it in a cold dark place (or maybe in the fridge if the room temperature is too high but in Japan room temperature is okay).
When you reuse the oil, replenish so that you have enough oil.
Q: How many times can I reuse my deep frying oil?
A: 3-4 times or more depending on what you deep fry, until it gets bad.
When the oil gets bad, the color gets darker, makes bubbles, smokes, gets slimy, and/or smells bad.
Try to cook fish, meat, or any seasoned items lastly.
Q: How to properly dispose of deep fryer oil?
A: It differs from community to community, so please check with your community.
In my community, we throw out the oil as combustible garbage.
We can pour the oil into a drink carton or a flammable plastic bag, stuffed with some newspapers and/or cloths that can absorb the oil. Make sure it won't spill, and throw with combustible garbage.
Q: Where can I get a Deep Fryer with thermometer?
A: Maybe online? (or it is usually available at any Japanese supermarket that carries kitchen tools)
FYI: Garbage Collection Rules
http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2008/09/change-in-garbage-collection.html
↓日本語説明
http://www.cooklabo.blogspot.jp/2013/05/blog-post_2.html
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
http://www.youtube.com/ochikeron
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
http://www.facebook.com/Ochikeron/
♥Follow me on twitter♥
http://twitter.com/ochikeron (English)
http://twitter.com/alohaforever (Japanese)
Easy & authentic Japanese home cooking recipes from a real Japanese kitchen.
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Quick Tip: How to Store / Reuse / Dispose of Deep Frying Oil - Video Recipe
ラベル:
Cooking Hacks,
POPULAR YouTube RECIPE VIDEOS,
TASTY,
TOP YouTube COOKING VIDEOS,
Video Recipes,
WASHOKU Japanese Food Recipe
I’m a Japan-based YouTuber and mother of two kids 🇯🇵 I share easy Japanese home cooking recipes, bento ideas, and simple sweets that you can make at home right away 🍙✨ Since 2011, I’ve been creating step-by-step Japanese cooking videos and sharing detailed written recipes on this blog. My goal is to share the joy of authentic Japanese home cooking and make everyday cooking fun, easy, and exciting for everyone 💕 Use the search box to explore over 1,000 Japanese recipes, including everyday meals, kawaii food ideas, bento recipes, and healthy treats 😊
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
-
Agepan (Deep Fried Bread Roll) is the best and typical school lunch menu ☺️ Very tasty yet delicious. MUST TRY 💕 At school, top ha...
-
Our wedding became the largest event in my life. Being celebrated by our family, relatives, coworkers, and friends, we became happier than...
-
Do you think microwave cooking is unsafe?! Do you think microwaving food in plastic wrap or container is dangerous?! Long time ago, I o...
-
My daughter (6 years) has been to Daikon digging at her Kindergarten and brought back some Daikon. She asked me to make Daikon Curry ☺️ It w...
-
Yesterday (1/19), Erika Sawajiri (age 22: a Japanese actress, model, and musician) and Tsuyoshi Takashiro (age 44: a Japanese DJ, filmmake...
-
This is the way I love to eat Shirasu Don! Of course you can eat it in the way you like ;) There is no rule. hehe https://www.youtube.com...
-
Moist and fluffy cupcakes with custard whipped cream filling. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgWKARYqOnE I received a lot of requests ...
-
The Miyagi quake was the most severe earthquake in Japanese history, a magnitude of 9! Still 20,000 people are missing... We are still exp...
-
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...
-
Yesterday I tried on wedding dresses and colored dresses for the first time in my life!!! White dresses were not as white & glittering...